I am Ph.D. student at IDIAP jointly with the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). I am working on a European Union Horizon 2020 project called ATCO2. It is dedicated to the development of an Automatic Air Traffic Speech Recognition system. Also, we aim at developing a unique platform allowing to collect, organize and pre-process air-traffic control (voice communication) data from air space (and yes! air traffic communications are a challenging task!).
Originally from Baranoa, Colombia. A tiny village in the North of Colombia (around 30 minutes from the Caribbean coast). I received a B.S. in Mechatronics Engineering from Universidad Autonoma del Caribe and an M.Sc. also in Mechatronics Engineering, but this time from University of Oviedo in Spain.
Some useful links
My latest research:
Resume / CV:
- Out first paper submitted to ICASSP 2022 was just released in ArXiV:
Exciting news! Our paper submitted to The 9th OpenSky Symposium was accepted for on-site presentation! (Automatic processing pipeline for collecting and annotating air-traffic voice communication data)
- The two papers presented at Interspeech 2021 are:
- We are releasing in ArXiv the two papers that were rejected:
Exciting news! two of the four papers submitted to Interspeech 2021 were accepted.
- We submitted 4 papers to Interspeech 2021 with Yulia and Amrutha from our lab (Idiap) and Brno University of Technology.
Exciting news! our paper submitted to The 8th OpenSky Symposium was accepted for virtual presentation! (Automatic Call Sign Detection: Matching Air Surveillance Data with Air Traffic Spoken Communications)
- The full paper presented at Interspeech 2020:
Exciting news! one paper submitted at Interspeech 2020 was accepted for on-site presentation! (Automatic speech recognition benchmark for air-traffic communications)
- Really excited about my first paper about ASR for air traffic control communications (a low-resource task)! It was submitted at Interspeech 2020. Additionally, we submitted another work with Qingran Zhan from our lab (Idiap) about Articularatory features for ASR.
- Another paper from our team (led by Jian Ma) got published in the Vibroengineering PROCEDIA:
Time goes so fast! We just published a second Journal paper related to breast cancer diagnosis with infrared techniques and machine learning (computer vision)! The paper was accepted for publication in the Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization. Journal and pre-print
- January: Started my Master Thesis at the École nationale supérieure de mécanique et des microtechniques in Besançon, France! I will work on computer vision for breast cancer diagnosis!
September: Arrived in Gijon, Spain to start a Master’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering! Gijon is such a nice coastal town!
January: I got the exciting news that I was accepted at the The Joint Master Degree in Mechatronic Engineering, EU4M. This program allows students to select from 2 to 3 (out of 5) universities where to go for studies. I will start at the University of Oviedo in Spain, then I will go to ISPU (Ivanovo, Russia) and finally to ENSMM in France!
- Started and finished a Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering! I learned tons of things about electronics, mechanical engineering, robotics, and programming languages (C, Python, and Matlab)!